Personality

For my education class we had an assignment to take a personality test, read about our personalities and then write a paper about how it relates to teaching for us personally. This was really good for me at this time in my life, especially since school has started. I have started to feel lost as a person and just in life in general. Reading about my personality, which was really close to who I am, helped me remember who I am and what strengths I have. Here is a link to the full description of my personality but I will just highlight a few things. I think it would just be beneficial to me and my friends if they knew a little more about my personality. Also, I don't expect anyone to read it at all but if you do, my strengths and weaknesses are under the little heart in relationships.
So here are some of the main points that kind of reminded me of who I am.

First off, I'm a ENFJ which is "The Giver." I would have never guessed that at all but the descriptions is almost creepy it's so accurate.


As an ENFJ, you're primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this. 

ENFJ's are so externally focused that it's especially important for them to spend time alone. This can be difficult for some ENFJs, because they have the tendency to be hard on themselves and turn to dark thoughts when alone. Consequently, ENFJs might avoid being alone, and fill their lives with activities involving other people. ENFJs tend to define their life's direction and priorities according to other people's needs, and may not be aware of their own needs. It's natural to their personality type that they will tend to place other people's needs above their own, but they need to stay aware of their own needs so that they don't sacrifice themselves in their drive to help others.  


ENFJs have a special gift with people, and are basically happy people when they can use that gift to help others. They get their best satisfaction from serving others. Their genuine interest in Humankind and their exceptional intuitive awareness of people makes them able to draw out even the most reserved individuals.
ENFJs have a strong need for close, intimate relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort in creating and maintaining these relationships. They're very loyal and trustworthy once involved in a relationship. 

In general, ENFJs are charming, warm, gracious, creative and diverse individuals with richly developed insights into what makes other people tick. This special ability to see growth potential in others combined with a genuine drive to help people makes the ENFJ a truly valued individual. As giving and caring as the ENFJ is, they need to remember to value their own needs as well as the needs of others.  

Strengths:
  • Good verbal communication skills
  • Very perceptive about people's thoughts and motives
  • Motivational, inspirational; bring out the best in others
  • Warmly affectionate and affirming
  • Fun to be with - lively sense of humor, dramatic, energetic, optimistic
  • Good money skills
  • Able to "move on" after a love relationship has failed (although they blame themselves)
  • Loyal and committed - they want lifelong relationships
  • Strive for "win-win" situations
  • Driven to meet other's needs
Weaknesses:
  • Tendency to be smothering and over-protective
  • Tendency to be controling and/or manipulative
  • Don't pay enough attention to their own needs
  • Tend to be critical of opinions and attitudes which don't match their own
  • Sometimes unaware of social appropriateness or protocol
  • Extremely sensitive to conflict, with a tendency to sweep things under the rug as an avoidance tactic
  • Tendency to blame themselves when things go wrong, and not give themselves credit when things go right
  • Their sharply defined value systems make them unbending in some areas
  • They may be so attuned to what is socially accepted or expected that they're unable to assess whether something is "right" or "wrong" outside of what their social circle expects. 
I just think that this will help people understand me more maybe? I don't know, but it helped me to write this. Thanks for listening and staying with me to the end if you did!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment