New.

I'm changing quite a lot about myself this year. For the better, of course.

I cut my hair the shortest I have ever cut it before and I think that was the beginning of this change. I've decided to be a new and better person. This is how:

  • Not caring so much about things that happen to me.
    • Normally I get really upset about bad things that happen to me and I'm upset about it for awhile. Now what I am trying to do is get upset about it if it's worth it but then just push it out because most of the time there is nothing I can do about it. Life happens and we can't do a whole lot about that. 
  • Thinking less.
    • I literally think about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. I make myself worry about things that would never happen in a million years. I always think about the WORST possible situation and/or many different possible situations. I am trying to not think so much. I just want to worry about what is happening right now in my life at this exact moment and not about what is going to happen tonight, tomorrow, next week, next year or in 10 years. Living in the moment. That is what it is all about.
  • Controlling my own happiness.
    • A lot of the time when I do get upset about something, or something bad happens to me, I don't even try to be happy because I hate pretending. I hate pretending to be happy when everyone around me is truly happy. So now my motto is "screw you, only I can effect my happiness." I literally say screw you so much now because other people can't decide my happiness level. Only I can. I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness. Nothing defines me except for myself. 
Hopefully this "new me" really happens. I really am trying so hard to accomplish these things every day. I think it is finally time for me to take control of my life and do what I really want to do or be who I really want to be. I am the only person who can control what I do and how I feel and it's time I realize this.


No comments:

Post a Comment